Friday, January 6, 2012

A lot of things have changed while I’ve been on hiatus. The Dallas Mavericks won the NBA championship; Gilad Shalit was released by Hamas for over 1,000 Palestinian prisoners. The Basque Separatist ETA declared an end to 43 year old hostilities, and the United States formally declared an end to the Iraq War.







In addition, I moved to Dallas, Texas to take on a new job as an analyst. I’ve also had a lot of time to think where I want to take the blog. I feel like those of you who read this are looking for an inherent objective take. That being said, I’m writing this to expound on some ideas rattling around in my head. Consequently, I may provide my direct takes a little more often. Lucky for all you out there, I’m not a mindless ideologue, so things will be even handed. Unless we are talking about beer, in which case Miller Light still sucks, and Coors Light is STILL above reproach.







I'm plan on producing one article a week, so as to formulate some interesting thoughts and keep content level high. I sincerely want all my readers to get their money’s worth, and since you pay nothing, well, you should always walk away with a smile on your face.

Since it’s a short week, let’s put a little something out there. Right now we are in the midst of the genesis of the 2012 political season. Mitt Romney just won the Iowa Caucus by eight votes over some guy who has a real issue with you marrying a donkey. I’m not sure if that speaks highly of Rick Santorum or poorly of Mitt, but whatever. In political circles, it seems we are having a referendum on who can make the future suck less for the U.S. One recurring theme I hear is, “ I want to make sure you can still succeed in this country” or “ The other guy will turn us into Europe with the government as the babysitter,” and my personal favorite, “I’m here not for myself, but for you and the opportunity to give your kids a better future.” Well, according to the Brookings Institute, that may not be true. Just a little food for thought till next week.







-Tyler Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment